Monday, February 23, 2009

A whole new world

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.



I've been contemplating blogging for over two years now, holding off because I didn't think I wanted to spend any more time on the computer than I already do, and also, why would I want to share the intimate details of my life with the whole world?



So why am I doing this? And why now?



Because I've been a writer since the time I was eight years old. Because journaling is no longer enough. Because there is an incredible conversation out going on that I want to be part of. Because God gave each one of us voices, and blogging has given us new ways to share them with each other. All of our voices, all of our particular lives, all of these details: each one unique, each one astonishing. Why not mine, too? I've been holding back and holding out, and it's time to put some musings and mutterings out there and let them go.



I don't know how many intimate details I'll be sharing. But God has given me a voice. Sometimes it sounds like a sqawk, and sometimes like a croak, but sometimes it sounds like a glorious song. Sometimes (not very often) I'm as foreboding and gloomy as Edgar Allen Poe's raven. But mostly I sing to call attention to the glory of the world God has made and continues to make anew each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment